It is easy as 1, 2 and 3.
- First up, you contact us and we will provide you the details of the charity and then gush with thanks and joy to meet another person committed to helping South Australians to get back on their feet after experiencing family violence.
- Second, you advise your pay master or sort it via your own internet banking service for payments to be made whenever you choose.
- Once a quarter we then send you a tax donation receipt and then at the end of Financial Year we send you a summary.
How is great is that? There are many benefits to workplace giving. If your company hasn’t got one already, then maybe you can also raise it with your business so as to feel more connected to the SA community.
Benefits of a workplace giving program
Workplace giving programs provide benefits for the community.
- For charitable organisations, workplace giving provides long term, stable funding for core programs. This funding has little or no administrative cost – there are no receipts to issue and no costs associated with targeted communications to attract donors.
- For employees, workplace giving is affordable, through a transparent and trustworthy program, with no costly fundraising activities. Employees can make donations in an efficient and tax-effective manner, eliminating the need to collect receipts or wait until the end of the year to claim a tax refund.
- For employers, workplace giving can provide a low cost, administratively simple way of creating community/business partnerships and building employee morale, by mobilising significant funding and volunteer involvement.
- ATO Advice – https://www.ato.gov.au/non-profit/gifts-and-fundraising/working-with-other-organisations/workplace-giving-and-salary-sacrifice-arrangements/